Audrey Kitching's Blog
6. great gatsby book
7. homemade lemon water
It's only 24 hours until New Years Eve and I don't have any plans, there is something refreshing about that. Im so caught up in all my plans and things im working on over the next year that I can't be bothered by a silly date! Recently I have been spending all my free time at the cinema. I saw Les Miserable last night and it was beautiful! I love how movies transport you into others lives for a few hours. It's almost like a modern day time travel. I can not wait to see the Great Gatsby I can already tell it's going to become a favorite very quick. I have been making home made flavored waters with lemon, mint and vanilla. The best way to stay hydrated and make it a bit more fun. I don't understand people who keep their hearts closed, I love so many all the time. How can you only love one and if that?
cloud print, roses overdose, making mood boards, green tea candles, photo strips, lana del rey, elvis books, reading peoples energy, matte pink lips, morning yoga, telling everyone who you feel in the moment, planning miami trips, nyc magic, staying up late and sleeping in
New Years Eve is only a few days away. I have always loved the idea of making a theme or goal for the year, although it is just another date. For some reason it moves us to change things about us we feel no longer suit our best intentions, or attempt to atleast.
NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS are great don't get me wrong. I prefer to make more of an action plan though. One for career and one for personal life. I include collages, dream / mood / visual boards, notes, lists... everything to keep me on track and to stay motivated.
Im going to be working on mine over the next week, I will post little peaks of them them once they are done to give you an idea, although these thigns are very sacred and personal to me. I feel you should keep them in an area you will see them daily.. but maybe everyone else won't. Think bathroom, office, desk, closet, on back of doors...
LISTS are so important for this. I make a year - 1/2 year and monthly goals lists. (I make these last few days of every previous month, example Dec 29th I will make January's monthy goal list) Each one is realistic without compromising my dreams!
Examples of things I would put on my MONTHLY goal list. I cross them off as I finish, so you kinda have a dealine and try to accomplish as much as possible before the end of the 4 weeks. This alone keeps me on track, busy and motivated.
- repaint wall in office
- enroll in new yoga course
- walk 2 miles 3x a week
- de clutter my office
- donate clothing
- try out 3 new recipies
- help 2 get kittens adopted
- start planting my vegi garden seedlings indoors
- launch crystal cactus shop
- create new packaging
- shoot 2 magazine editorials
- book a camapign
- add new clothing to audrey's closet
- book work in LA
- meet with a sample production company
- finish my spring graphic designs
- blog about 4 personal favorite products
- interview and hire a shipping paid intern
- get 10,000 new instagram followers
These are just random examples of things i may have on my lists! I also like to make specific mood/vision board.. I don't do this monthly but for overall 6 months to a year or for a project. I may make a mood vision board for a clothing line venture, personal life or my over all life goals. Just make sure you write under the photos what you want to manifest so the universe hears it LOUD AND CLEAR!
I hope this helps you kick off 2013 to exactly the year you are dreaming of!
GOOD OR BAD IDEA?
Im going to go out on record and say I liked her longer hair!
This is one of my favorite Winter / Holiday dishes to make!
Vegan Stuffing Ingredients:
- 10 cups 1/2 inch bread cubes made from 1 lb wheat sandwich bread ( I USE RICE BREAD )
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance veggie spread or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried sage ( I USE 3X THIS AMOUNT )
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup or more vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a large shallow baking dish
- Toast bread cubes in a large baking sheet in the oven until golden brown. Set aside in a large bowl
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees F
- Melt Earth Balance or oil in a large skillet and sauté onions and celery, for about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer the onions and celery mixture to the bowl of breadcrumbs
- Toss with the bread crumbs until well mixed, then stir in vegetable stock until the mixture is moist but not soggy. Add more stock as needed
- Bake in shallow dish for 30-45 minutes until a crust has formed on the top
I always add some fresh cranberrys, raisins and walnuts to mine...yum! It took about an hour to make and its such a good snack I think i might continue to make it through the Holiday season as I do every year.
Christmas is only two days away and for some reason it doesn't even feel like it. This has been such a busy December for me I didn't have as much time as I would of liked to enjoy the season! All I want to do is dress like an Urban ballerina, wear thick gold jewelry with stones, drink chi tea lattes and hot chocolate, catch up with old friends, light candles, take herbal steam bubble baths and plan my goals for 2013. This has been an incredible year of ups and downs and I have grown so much mentally. I can't wait to see whats in store next year. Im going to layer up and get a hot stone massage and take a trip to Whole Foods to get some goodies to bake tomorrow.
ryan gosling in blue valentine, diptyque candles, strawberry apple juice, jasmin green tea, avacado oil chips, oracle guidence tarot cards, saying whats on my mind, making herbal body oils, allowing myself to be lazy, reflexology sandles, morning and candlight yoga classes & late night texting.
Loose V-neck Nude Jumper $95 - romwe.com
Lace Bra $28 - juicycouture.com
Chloé Leather ballet flats $485 - net-a-porter.com
Gym Bag in Ballet $79 - ogorgeous.com
A.L.C. Long Crystal Ring in Rose Quartz $265 - forwardforward.com
Asos Mixed Curb Chain Necklace $18 - asos.com
Lipstick Queen Sinner Bare Nude $20 - barneys.com
DIPTYQUE jasmin candle $68 - farfetch.com
The CW released it's new trailer for its upcoming Sex and the City prequel, The Carrie Diaries. In all honesty... this does Sex And The City (one of the greatest chick flick series ever made other then "GIRLS" no justice.) It may have potential though, can't always judge a book by it's cover!
Giving away these amazing Miezko shoes and Backstage clothing dress NOW over on my Facebook!
Im a huge fan of granola. It's the perfect snack for busy days and on the go + breakfast! It's so easy to make, im always trying out different versions. This one came out amazing... you could have a bowl with a hot chocolate late at night for a dessert even!
- 1¼ cups raw almonds sliced
- 1 cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar / I use maple sugar but either work
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or carob chips (vegans)
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) pure maple syrupl
- 1½ cups dried fruit, like golden raisins and dried blueberries / I USED DRIED CHERRIES & RAISONS
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
- In a large bowl, place chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, oats, salt and light brown sugar (or maple sugar) and mix to combine. Add maple syrup, and mix to combine well and coat all of the dry ingredients with the syrup.
- Lay out about a 1/2 inch thick on baking trays and cook for about 30-45 minutes (or until the top is lightly golden brown) stiring every 15 minutes!