Audrey Kitching's Blog
Take 30% off all items with promo code at checkout WAFFLE
This is one of my favorite green salads! You see it on menu's a lot at fancy resturants.
WHAT YOU NEED
- olive oil
- balsamic vinaigrette
- arugula / or spring mix (your choice)
- cadied walnuts / or you can make your own by frying walnuts in maple syrup
- goat cheese if your not vegan (it goes great on this salad, from my mom vegan days)
1. Take the arugula or spring mix wash, strain and dry it. Toss it in a large bowl
2. Set oven at 400. Wash beets really well, place them in a cooking tray with rosemary and olive oil + salt and pepper. Cook for 30-45 min or until soft.
3. chop up strawberry's, onion, cucumber add to salad with candied walnuts
3. Let the beets cool, once they are room tempature chop them up and add to salad + goat cheese if your using it.
4. Add the balsamic vinaigrette and you have a 5 star salad ready to be eaten!
I just made vegan coconut cream pumpkin pie for the first time and im kinda in love. It's not too sweet and not to bland... it was perfect, and super easy!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1/2 cup creamy thick coconut milk
Pre-baked pie crust of choice & shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. PIE: In a food processor or mixing very good by hand, combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, arrowroot, and coconut milk cream, in batches if necessary. Process until the mixture is well combined and smooth. Pour into the prebaked pie crust, sprinkle the top with shredded coconut and nutmeg then bake for 30 minutes, or until the filling has firmed up. Let cool.
EASY AND AWESOME!
You guys have been asking me forever to start adding in some of my favorite recipies to my blog! This one is so easy and I normally make up a big batch that will last a few days in the fridge!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- chickpeas (canned / or raw boiled and drained)
- red onion
- sprouted mung beans (optional I throw them in for vitamins and enzymes )
- olive oil
- salt / pepper
1. Rinse off the chickpeas and throw them in a large bowl, + mung beans if your using them, squeeze the juice of a lemon over them
( make sure you don't get any seeds in it )
2. Chop up the cucumber, onion and tomato then add to the bowl
3. Add a generous amount of olive oil / salt + pepper
Mix up and get eating!
EASY, FULL OF VITAMINS YOUR BODY WILL LOVE YOU
I've been asked by a few of you to do a post on staying motivated and how to achieve this! To be honest some days it is not easy at all. We all have days we would all rather stay in bed and watch cartoons! I think motivation is a lifestyle change rather then just something you just do! Below are a list of the things I do to stay in mental / physical shape and on top of my goals and ambitions!
- Wake up with enough time for myself. This means anywhere from an hour to 30 minutes of extra time before leaving the house. In this time I can take a bath, read some blogs, make a cup of tea, put on a record, eat some granola or make a smoothie... I think this time is one of the most important. It sets the whole mood for the rest of your day!
- Make moodboards! Im a huge goal and dream board fan. I update mine every few weeks with all my goals I want to accomplish! The scary thing is almost ALL of them came true... the things that didn't changed and I realized they were no longer on the path of where I wanted to be! This is a game changer... make sure to do it! Hang it where you can see it everyday.
- Eat right, the saying "you are what you eat is really true," when I get lazy or eat crap food I pay for it! It clouds your mind and makes you physically lazy. Eat as much local, organic, raw healthy foods as you can. Smoothies, nuts, fruit, chips with hummus, toast with raw honey, avacados with lemon and olive oil, veggie wraps, kind bars, chickpea salads.. these are all great snacks to keep your mind body and soul in check!
- Nature your higher self, you MUST MUST DO THIS! How you do it is up to you... doing medtiation body scans ( you can youtube or download these ), yoga or meditation in gerneral. Some type of just "being" not thinking not doing. This allows you to cleans out your mind and stay focused on all aspects of your life. I think this is just as important to how we eat!
- Pampering whether it's a bubble bath with oils epsom salt and tea, candles and relaxing music or a full blown spa day is up to you! Taking time out to treat ourselfs allows us to be grounded and not burn out. When your too overwhelmed in every day life the things you want to do get taken over by stress! Instead of going out with friends pick one or two nights a week to veg out at home and do something nice for yourself!
- Positivity you are your company! If there are others in your life that are always complaining, talking bad about people just basically spewing negitive energy GET RID OF THEM. You will soak it up like a sponge and whether you notice this or not IT WILL DRAIN YOU in every aspect of yourself! I call these people energy vampires, KICK THEM OUT NOW NOW NOW!
- Have fun last but not least. Don't take life so serious. This 3d world is just an illusion of our own minds. We create our own reality! Next time your about to get upset or sad.. think... do I really want to feel like this? Make time to do things you enjoy! Whether it's cooking, shopping, meeting up with friends, doing crafts, painting WHATEVER it is you do make time for it!
NOW GET TO WORK! :)