Audrey Kitching's Blog
I feel like im in a whirlwind latley. The amount of traveling and work this month has taken over my mind! Im currently in my office playing catch up on emails and projects with a pot of tea and vegan chocolate smoothie. Sunday's are my favorite day. Although I never get them off I love the lazy vibe of it. Me and NYC forever have a love hate relationship... for the time being I would say we are more then on possibly hot and heavy.
I recently spoke on the social media pannel in NYC and met with the east coast marketing teams, was a great experiance. I HATE public speaking but the more I force myself to be in situations that are out of my comfortzone the better. I try to overcome as many fears as possible. My next one is snakes. I have had nightmares about snakes my whole life. Im planning a shoot with one soon, because I feel I that this "year of the snake" we just came into is about shedding past life experiances and starting a new. What better way then hold a snake that has scared the crap out of you your whole life and try to look attractive while doing it.
I ordered SO MUCH new product for Crystal Cactus, just waiting for it to arive from Brazil and India so I can make them and product shoot everything and restock the store ASAP!
Do something this week you are scared of or that is way out of your comfortzone.....thank me later.
Status symbols? Pffft. Status has nothing to do with symbols. That was pre-Pluto in Capricorn. But symbolism is all important in magic. All magic does is manipulate unseen energies. All “occult” means is hidden. Money is energy. Prosperity is Qi. Your wallet is symbolically like a little pouch of gold that you would have carried with you in ye olden days. It can be a powerful prosperity symbol and talisman or it can be a portable junk repository. Feng Shui your wallet a.s.a.p for abundant results. Don’t believe me? Try it and see.You can do some of these or all of these, it doesn’t matter. Believe in the power of yourself as a prosperous, talented, hard-working and secure individual with major prospects…always.
* Get a new in-the-now wallet. This says ‘rad new start’ to the universe. The ideal new wallet is from a brand you believe in – it need not be handmade but think ‘value for money’ and certainly not sweat-shopped. It’s worth researching this purchase till you get the wallet that feels right, fits your values and aesthetic + has an abundance vibe. Red and/or Green are traditional $$ hues. Optional: a new wallet, new money vibe affirmation ritual with candle. Do NOT do these sorts of rituals in a cluttered space. Also, heaps of wallets have way too many card slots – seriously how many credit cards etc do they think we are going to have? Consider putting little affirmation cards or similar in the slots instead.
* Basil (the name comes from the mythical “Basilisk” serpent) is the go-to herb for money. Sprinkle a few drops of beautiful basil in your wallet to evoke the energy of this awesome magical herbs. If you want extra protection and cosmic moxy, get some sprigs of dried mugwort – Juniper Ridge has the best + the most amazing natural incenses etc fyi – and put those in your wallet as well. Mugwort was only called mugwort to deter the Muggles from knowing what it is – the most powerfully magic herb of all. Real name: Artemesia – herb of Artemis. A.k.a the Moon Goddess.
* Put two $100 notes in there and keep them in there. If you break them replace them. One is fine but three would be brilliant as three is the number of lucky Jupiter. I got this from the Gemini American Finance Guru Suze Orman – she is very rah-rah but actually really amazing. She has a whole line of thought behind this simple-seeming idea. Basically, if you have this $ in there (and it is integral that it is actually the hundred dollar notes, not smaller denominations) you feel prosperous and you are far less likely to buy crap. You don’t feel needy. It’s really hard to explain it until you do it but it is weirdly effective. She also says – and this is just uncommon sense i guess – that you should not have credit cards in there – it is not your money – it’s other people’s. The energy is off. You can also have a little print out bit of paper with the figure of the balance of any savings in there. Just to oomph up the personal little bag of gold vibe.
* You clean your wallet out every night and don’t collect unnecessary receipts, cards and general crap. All the dollar notes in there should be facing the same way and treated with respect. Treat money right and you attract more of it. You love money and money loves you.
* Everytime you give someone your money (ie; pay them, purchase something) you are affirming the value of what they do. You’re saying ‘I Love Your Work’ or ‘I Admire What You Do’ so if you don’t, don’t pay. I know this sounds simplistic but it is actually really powerful. It can stop you buying crap. Forget about old judgements such as frugality or gluttony. All you need to think is ‘do i love this thing enough to transfer my money/energy to it?’ It is not good qi to pay $ to companies or people who diss you and don’t give a fuq about your wellbeing.
* Finally, some other things with which to Feng Shui your wallet. Depending on your cultural values, you can get those three little Chinese wealth coins (that’s the classic way to Feng Shui your wallet) and put them in with your coins and/or add any one of these crystals: Jade, Peridot, Aventurine, Tourmaline…Green gemstones in general = money. Or you can get the scarily awesome Voodoo money attractant powders. Personally…because i think the Chinese & Celtic methods are safer/better, i would not go the Voodoo route, that’s just f.y.i. Also, i think the idea is to cherish and keep your dollars in the wallet (hence the symbology of the hundred dollar note/s always there BUT to circulate your coins. Don’t let coins just sit there stagnant. Churn them up and empty that bit of your wallet out regularly. Try to keep more gold in there than silver.
Have Fun and May Your Forever Prosper!
I may or may not have just bought these Nike Roshe Woven Premium running shoes. As the cold starts to dissipate here on the east coast my love for exercising in nature is returning. Looking forward t wearing these soon as it warms up a bit more! Still on the fence weither they are brilliant or ugly beautiful?
Currently trying to unwind from Fashion Week. I haven't had a day or half a day off since it ended. I kinda feel like I was thrown into a tornato. If I could have 12 hours of sleep and a few hours to vedge out I would probably feel great! I never had a probalem balencing personal life and work but Im feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment. Not enough time in the days. I need to hire a part time assitant to help with work projects I think.
Started yesterday off with cupping and accupuncture and still in a slight daze from it. Hoping to sneak away from my office and go to some museums at some point today. Sunday should be a universal day off! All I want to do it start painting and finish up some projects, so many new ones starting all the time.
Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday.. looking forward to getting back to my normal blogging!
We are officially 8 days away from Valentine's Day! Do you have plans yet? Or will you be at home wolfing down I’m-single-and-hate-V-Day cookies? If you are leaning towards the cookies, we’ll be right there with you. This week we wanted you to hear a story from Audrey Kitching. Worst Date:
“Valentine's Day has always been a nightmare for me to be honest. I don’t think I have ever had a magical one. My worst date, though, was around age 18. I was dating this guy and spent the night at his house. He had all of his friends over and they just watched porn all night, and he didn’t even give me a cheesy teddy bear or heart-shaped box of chocolates. I went out of my way and got him some movies, posters- stuff he had wanted. I tried to make it special. I was so upset during all of this that I started texting my friend in the city, crying. He randomly showed up at the front door with a baseball bat a few hours later, trying to fight the guy I was dating! To say the least, there was certainly nothing romantic or magical about that Valentine’s Day.”
Staying in for Valentine's Day this year is honestly starting to sound like the safest option!
The Adidas Neo fashion event last night was such a great time. The event started with a runway jungle gym type structure that wrapped around the room. All the models walked down into the crowd, back up around it and hung out until the finale. At the end Selena Gomez came out to talk a bit about the line. I'm convinced she is the cutest little angle. So sweet and real! Over all the clothing and models were rad and the music went along perfect with the presentation! Check out my photos below.
I am always browsing the Internet for inspirations and ideas for my posts, so I tend to randomly come across really cool websites.
Recently, I stumbled upon this interactive Disney website that is based around the new movie "Oz The Great And Powerful" coming out this year. It caught my attention not only because of James Franco, but because it let me take photos with my webcam, explore the circus and even direct a hot air balloon through this crazy storm...pretty impressive. I took some screen shots from my "trip through Oz" to share with you all...
I don't care how old you are, we all love getting lost in fairytale movies and games and this was the perfect combination of the two.
They even had a part for you music fans, where you can make your own song that plays throughout the rest of your journey!
SO whether you are a Disney and/or James Franco fan or you're simply looking for something fun to keep you busy, I definitely suggest taking your very own "Trip through Oz" HERE!
How did you like it? Are you planning to see this movie when it comes out?
This post brought to you by No nonsense. All opinions are 100% mine.
I'm loving the comfy new tights and leggings from No nonsense! No nonsense tights and leggings are so easy to throw on with a chunky sweater and jewelry overload for a simple and chic look. Whether you want to dress up or down, these colorful tights are a perfect staple piece for any wardrobe! Here's how I style my No nonsense tights: think pinky-nude oversized sweater, lots of gold jewelry, and sky-high Litas for an effortless look!
Visit No nonsense on Facebook for more styles! How would you rock your No nonsense tights?
Im currently drinking an apple, carrot, ginger, grapefruit, beet juice and eating a vegan BLT. I was up in the air about fashion week over the past few days but have decided to attend. It's a week of craziness in the most intense way possible. No time for anything really. Tonight I will start pulling looks and outfits but when it's 20 degrees and snowing and your trying to catch cabs and rush all over the city, it's really hard to dress the way you would prefer!
Hoping to launch Crystal Cactus tonight! I have a few finishing touches to add on and a few more products to complete! Im opening it with a handful of different items, but I can't wait to add more. Finishing my mood and dream boards is also on todays agenda! I have been so inspired and have to finish as much as I can before Fashion Week. I have been in creative overdrive, no makeup, comfy clothing and long hours.
current obsessions: dream catchers, white candles, calm yogi tea, flower petal baths, beet juice, mint facemasks, DIYS, sleeping in, rose lip gloss, lighter eyebrows, saying what's on your mind, early yoga classes and indoor lemon trees.
I'm going to start posting some of my favorite DIYs from around the web along with my own pesonal ones! Expect about two a week. I hope you guys are ready to be inspired and start crafting because I have some amazing ones to share with you!
1. Take an old sweater.
2. Cut a slit in along the shoulder down about 7".
3. Fold over raw edge and sew in place.
4. Sew a piece of ribbon about 15" long to one side of neckline and another ribbon to the other side of the neckline.
5. Tie together!